Once again, it has been awhile since I have made a blog post! So, this will just be a general update on our life the past little while.
We have sold our house and will be moving up to the north end of the city on May 28. Under 3 weeks left! We're both excited about the move. We moved down to this end of the city because I was working south of the city, but since I'm no longer working there and all our friends, family, and most of our activities are up in the north end, we've been thinking for awhile about moving back up there. After talking about it for over a year, we decided to just bite the bullet and do it. The neighborhood we're moving into is on the edge of the city, very close to our church and not far from my parents and sister. Our house will be a little smaller than what we have now, but the trade off is that the back yard is huge! The kids will be able to have a big playcentre, we'll have room to entertain, and they'll have lots of room to run. Cole is quite excited about the big yard he is going to have! Selling the house was quite the pain. I won't go into detail, but it was stressful. Jeff was very, very happy to be able to put that sold sign up!
Packing is coming along pretty well. We've got most of the non-essential stuff packed and are pretty much down to things we will have to pack in the last week, like kitchen items and toilatries. I think the boys have been sensing that something's up, because they've been a little unsettled and not sleeping so well at night. Well, Zach hasn't been sleeping well for a while, I think because of teething, but Cole's been having a harder time falling asleep and has been waking at night too. He knows we're moving and is excited, but I don't think he quite gets what it means, and I'm sure all the boxes and packing make him a bit anxious. Hopefully he will adjust well to the move.
We welcomed a new niece to our family in early April. Little Isabella is beautiful! She is only the second girl on my side of the family, so we were very excited to have another baby girl! We're looking forward to the addition of another member of the family any day now when my brother and sister-in-law have their first little one. This one was shy, didn't like getting his or her picture taken, so the gender will be a surprise. Which really, is the most fun anyways!
Cole and Zach continue to grow up too fast. We have been fortunate to have a pretty healthy spring, with only some minor coughs. Zach is 8 months already! I can't believe how the time has flown. He started sitting up at 5 months and is now crawling and starting to pull up on things! Before I know it, he'll be walking! Yikes! He has his first tooth and his second is trying very hard to push through. He's a little chatterbox. He's still quite good natured, but I think he is going to be more introverted than Cole. He doesn't seem to enjoy big groups of people the way Cole did, and still does. He's very much mommy's little boy, and mommy loves her snuggles with him!
Cole continues to develop his speech really well and amaze and amuse us with the things he comes out with! Yesterday, he was standing on a kitchen chair, which he is not supposed to do. Jeff asked him if he was supposed to stand on the chair, and he said, "no." Jeff said, "so what are you?" (I think he was maybe going to say what are you supposed to do?) and Cole said, "In trouble!" We all cracked up, and he didn't end up getting in trouble! He shocked us a couple of weeks ago by counting to 12 for his grandparents! We had no idea he could do that! He can say his alphabet and is learning his colors too. He enjoys singing and often, when he is supposed to be going to sleep, I can hear the sweet, off-key strains of "Baby Bayuga" (Baby Baluga) coming from his room. We've been struggling a bit lately because he has started to get a little aggressive with his baby brother - pushing him over and headbutting him with no provocation. That has been our main issue of late. We've been using time-outs, but they don't seem particularly effective, so I'm not real sure what to do about it. If anyone has any suggestions, we're open to them! Other than that though, he's a very affectionate, funny little guy. He certainly has a mind of his own, and you can tell he's 2, but so far, the terrible twos haven't been too terrible! :)
On Saturday night, my cousins from Saskatoon were in town, so we all got together at her sister's house for a barbeque. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't the greatest for it! It was the first time we'd had all our little ones together at once, so we had to get a picture of them all. I like to think our grandma and grandpa Hansen were looking down at all their great-grandchildren and smiling!
Well, I think that's about it. I guess I should get started on some packing or cleaning! Lots to do!
1 comment:
Lovely to hear that you're listening to "Baby beluga"! Raffi is one of our favourite singers too!
Post a Comment