Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Boys

Well, it is March, and this is my first post of 2010!  I guess blogging has not been high on my list of priorities.
Cole turned two on Valentines Day!  I can't believe my little boy is two already!  He is growing up so quickly!  Apparently, he feels not quickly enough, because he insists that he is four already! We celebrated his birthday on February 7th, with a Disney Cars themed party.  He loves the movie Cars and Lightening McQueen and Mater!  He had a great time at his party! He is talking a mile a minute and continuously amazes me.  Someday I will have to do a post of my favorite "Coleisms" but here are a few:
The other day, we were walking down the stairs and he pointed to the picture of a wolf that we have on our wall and asked, "What's that?"  When I told him it was a wolf, he said, "That's in Cole's book!  Cole seed a wolf in Cole's book!" (the 3 Little Pigs) 
A couple of days ago, I was reading him a book before his nap and Zach was trying to eat it, which didn't impress Cole, so he took it from me.  He then proceeded to "read" two pages of the book, almost word for word correctly!  Although I know it was from memory, not reading, I was so impressed!  That's quite a memory for such a little guy!
He is able to count to ten, and has just started getting his colors correct.  He's such a smart little bug!
He's also a very busy little boy and into everything! He's quite the little monkey and a bit too much of a daredevil for mommy's comfort!  We are starting to get more of that toddler defiance - a lot of "no, no, no, no, no" (which he says "wo,wo,wo,wo,wo) and our fair share of tantrums.  But he is an amazing little guy!  So sweet and affectionate.  He loves to give Zach hugs and kisses and is starting to want to play with him too.  He is also starting to want to move Zach around.  Yikes!  That keeps me on my toes! He loves to help mommy and daddy and is getting very good at picking up his toys.
Zach just turned 6 months on Sunday!  His first year of life is half over already!  He is quite an easy-going, contented little guy.  He's very smiley and loves to giggle.  We can tell he is starting to develop his own opinions already though!  He gets quite upset when we take away whatever he has managed to grab onto.  He and his big brother are already starting to fight over toys!  Oh dear!  He is sitting up really well, rolling, and just learned to scoot backwards when he is lying on his tummy.  He's starting to try to get his knees up under his body as well, so it won't be too long before I'll be having to babyproof again!  Fortunately, most of it is already done!  He's quite the vocal little guy and delights us with his babbling and squeals.  He knows how to get our attention!  He loves standing up and bouncing, being talked to and tickled, and his jumperoo. 
No pictures today, because I'm on the wrong computer and I really want to finally get this post up, but I will add some in the next couple of days, I promise!

1 comment:

Sparkling Adventures said...

Hi Becky,
I wanted to say that I'm happy you updated your blog, even if it did take a while. I love hearing about your boys and your life!
Love, Lauren.