Monday, March 15, 2010

It feels good to feel good!

For the first time in about a year and a half, I feel great!  I have rather miserable pregnancies.  While the end result is definitely worth it, I am not one of those women who says, "Oh, I've never felt better than when I was pregnant!"  In addition to serious nausea that lasts far longer than the first trimester, I get some pretty good heartburn and reflux too.  And back pain.  Well, when I was pregnant with Zach, I thought the heartburn and backpain were just pregnancy symptoms.  But then, I had him, and they didn't go away!  After my first attack, which almost had me thinking I was having a heart attack, I was diagnosed with gallstones.  Man, I do not wish those on anyone!  Apparently they are quite common during and after pregnancy though.  I had my gallbladder removed on February 9, via laproscopic day surgery.  I was really nervous about the surgery, but it went really well, apparently.  The first week was rough.  I couldn't hold Zach accross my abdomen, which made nursing him very tough.  And I couldn't lift him, or Cole.  But, thanks to the help of my husband and family, we made it through.  Now, 5 weeks later, I have gotten the all clear from the doctor, and I feel good, finally!  No more heartburn, no more upper back pain, no more worrying about an attack after I eat!  Now I can start to think about getting pregnant with number 3! :)

No comments: