Friday, December 11, 2009

In the blink of an eye...

I'm Becky, and this is my blog. I've been thinking about starting one for awhile, and figured December is a good time to start.  There should be lots to post about and I'll definitely have plenty of pictures to post.In fact., my blog should maybe come with a warning lable: If you do not enjoy looking at numerous pictures of insanely cute kids, don't read this blog!  I tend to maybe go a little overboard on pictures of my kids.  But I come by it honestly!

Four and a half years ago, I celebrated my 29th birthday.  It was a little depressing.  I was entering the last year of my 20s and was still as single as can be.  Those that know me know how much I always wanted to be a mom, and approaching the ripe old age of 30 still single made me sure it was never going to happen.  But when we least expect it, God steps in.  Three months later, I met Jeff.  By the time I turned 30, I was engaged and planning a wedding.  By my 31st birthday, I was married and had just found out we were expecting our first baby.  And now four and a half short years later, here I sit, my 22 month old son down for a nap and my 3 month old sleeping in my arms as I type.  When I turned 29, I never would have expected this would be my life in such a short time.  But in the blink of an eye, everything changed, and I could not be happier.  Life is crazy sometimes, okay, most of the time, but it's the life I always wanted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Becky! Blogs are a fabulous way to keep in touch with friends and family! My fam is FAR away but they love seeing my posts. I can't wait to see more of yours!

Isn't it awesome how God provides for us? I thought of the song "In the Blink Of An Eye" by Mercy Me when you said that in your post.

God bless!
Heather

Jessica said...

Blogging is so much fun and I am glad you have joined up!! LOL

Your little miracles are precious and I am so happy for you and your family. PLUS...pictures are always good!!