Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas cookies!

I love Christmas!  I love pretty much everything about it, except for trying to find a parking spot at the mall!  But my favorite thing about Christmas is family.  I love to do family activities at Christmas, like baking cookies, looking at Christmas lights, and of course, putting up the tree.  I have been so excited for this Christmas because Cole is now old enough to start enjoying some of those activities too.  We made our first batch of Christmas cookies together on Friday night.  We made shortbread cookies, and Cole loved it!  He was so excited to cut out the cookies!  Every time he cut one out, he said "Yay!"  He didn't quite get that you only cut out the cookies once, so some cookies have two or three shapes to them. :)  And more sprinkles ended up on the cookie sheet, floor, and in Cole's mouth, than on the cookies.  But it was wonderful!  Cole keeps asking to make "kissies" (his word for cookies) and "push" -because that's what I told him to do when he put the cookie cutters in.  So, we'll probably be making a few more batches.  Which is good, because we've just about finished these ones up already, and Christmas is still 13 days away!

No, mom did not brush my hair this morning!                      





Sorry the pictures are out of order!  I'm still figuring this stuff out!

No comments: