Wow, it seems like I am just really not good at this blogging thing! I blame the fact that I do most of my computer work on my tablet and I can't upload pictures from there, so have to use the desktop for that, so I often don't get to it during the day. However, right now, while my youngest is napping and my older 2 aren't fighting (knock on wood!), and I'm trying to attach pictures of clothes I'm trying to sell to an email, I have a few minutes! So, I want to finally post some pictures of my middle son's 3rd birthday. He turned 3 at the beginning of September.
Z is very much a typical middle child, I think. He is happy and very active and full of life and is developing quite the silly little sense of humor. He currently loves to joke by replacing the first letter of words to make up silly nonsense words. He is sweet and snuggly and loves to snuggle up and tell me, "My love you, Mommy." He idolizes his big brother and loves his little brother. And yes, he can be a bit of a pest at times! :) He is a wonderful addition to our family.
Z started out wanting a Mickey Mouse birthday party. He loves Mickey Mouse! But, that was what we had for his 2nd birthday, so Mommy wanted to do something different. So, after discussing a few different options, we settled on a Pirate party. He was soooo excited! For weeks before his party, he was asking, "When is my Pirate Birthday Party gonna be?" He still talks about it and asks when he gets a pirate birthday again.
 |
| Jeff made a pirate ship for the kids to play in. It was a big hit! |
I love planning parties. I literally spend hours on Pinterest and on party-planning sites (Catch my Party is one of my favorites) looking for ideas. I have huge plans in my head for my kids' birthday parties! Unfortunately, reality soon hits and I realize that I do not have an unlimited budget or time for throwing birthday parties! I still found some really cute ideas that I was able to implement though. My favorite, and a big hit at the party, was that I managed to talk my husband into building a pirate ship out of a couple furnace boxes. Z was sooo excited! We had fish and chips and hot dog octopuses (hot dogs with spaghetti stuck through them) to eat, and I tried to make a watermellon shark. Alas, I cut it wrong, so it was kind of a fail, but funny anyway! I'm pretty proud of the cake, which was a pirate ship and island. Z was thrilled with it. For favors, we did pails and shovels with some pirate goodies in them. We also had hats and eye patches that the kids could take home. All in all, even though I ran out of time for a lot of my ideas, I'd say the party was a success! Z told me several times, "This is the best pirate party ever!" So, without further ado, some party pictures!


 |
| We has supplies to decorate pirate hats and eye patches. |
 |
| You can't see it very well, but I hung a banner made by a friend of mine in the trees. |
 |
Pirates Cove
|
 |
| The boys checking out the food table. |
 |
| I made some "Captain Hook" hooks out of chocolate. |
 |
| The Birthday Boy blowing out his candles. |
 |
| Opening presents. I got him and big brother pirate outfits to wear, on the condition that they will wear them again for Halloween. I don't think it'll be a problem getting Z into his, he wears the pirate hat everywhere! |
 |
| Big Brother in the pirate ship. |
No comments:
Post a Comment